Under the direction of the Interlibrary Loan Supervisors, assist with the receiving, processing and returning of materials. Major duties include: preparation of books received from libraries; returning books; shelving ILL books; receiving articles, scanning and paging.
1. Ability to get to work reliably and on time and to be present in the workplace during normal working hours.
2. Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and managers. Ability to work harmoniously and as a team player, based environment, and skill in fostering teamwork among others. Thrive in a team-based environment, and skill in fostering teamwork among others.
3. Ability to follow directions from supervisors.
4. Listening and writing skills in order to take notes
5. Ability to carry out the following physical maneuvers in order to shelf, or shift materials: lifting, carrying, pulling, kneeling, climbing, reaching, including weights up to 40 lbs.
1. Skill in the operation of computer terminal
2. Knowledge of VDX (the UC system’s ILL software)
3. Working knowledge of integrated library system (such as ALMA).
4. Skill in searching bibliographic databases such as VDX, ALMA, and UC Search